Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the differences between using GTNetS on Windows and using GTNetS on Linux/OSX/Sun OS?
2. I get the error LNK1104 : Cannot open file ‘.\Release\netihttp-distributions.obj’ in Visual Studio
3. Sometimes the build process gets suspended in Visual Studio
4. Can I make use of gnuplot if I use GTNetS in Windows?
5. Is Windows Vista supported?
6. I get the following error message when I execute "cl.exe" The application has failed to start because mspdb80.dll was not found.
7. I get the following error when trying build the static libraries NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0xc0000135'
8. I get a compile-time error “StartAnimation not found” .
9. I get the error msvcprt.lib(MSVCP80.dll) : error LNK2005: "class std::basic_ostream > & __cdecl.....already defined in qt-mt.lib(qcolor.obj).
10. I get the error “fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation”
11. The Simulation runs slowly (Simulation Timer increases slowly)
Try disabling Animation and debug print statements12. Qt3 installation on Ubuntu fails / GTNetS complains QT not found during installation
On Ubuntu you may need to install the following packages at the minimum.
libqt3-headers - Qt3 header files
libqt3-mt - Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), Version 3
libqt3-mt-dev - Qt development files (Threaded)
qt3-dev-tools - Qt3 development tools
apt-cache search qt | grep qt3